[tds_council]Cet article « How to connect Xbox Bluetooth controller to Android » est aussi disponible en langue Français. Si vous êtes Francophone, veillez lire la version française ici Comment connecter la manette Bluetooth Xbox à votre téléphone Android[/tds_council]
I’m pretty sure you will agree with me that it’s easier playing your favourite games using a gamepad. If you are a passionate gamer, then this guide on how to connect the Xbox Bluetooth controller to your Android is worth taking a look at. And why not for beginners as well? Although not all games have support for external controllers, top Android games like PUGB Mobile and Fortnite do support them.
Is this possible with all Xbox controllers?
While reading this article, one of the most important question you should be asking yourself is if this function is available with all Xbox controllers. The truth be told, not all Xbox controllers have support for Bluetooth connection.
On Bluetooth-supported controllers, the plastic around the Xbox button is part of the face of the controller. On controllers without Bluetooth, the plastic around the Xbox button is part of the top, where the bumpers are.
How to connect the Xbox Bluetooth controller to your Android
This process isn’t also compatible with all Android devices. More precisely, connecting your Xbox Bluetooth controller to your Android is best supported by latest Android. With greater support for Samsung Androids.
Note:When using your Xbox controller with a mobile device, your performance may vary depending on the device and the mobile operating system version.
- Make sure you have updated your controller.
- Turn on your controller by pressing the Xbox button .
- Press the controller’s connect button for 3 seconds and release.
- On your Android device, open Bluetooth by going to Apps > Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > Turn On.
- A window on your phone will show a list of nearby Bluetooth devices that are active for pairing. Select your Xbox Wireless Controller from the list.
- When the controller has successfully paired, you’ll see Connected below the Xbox Wireless Controller.
What to do if you are having connection issues
You may face different problems pairing your Xbox Bluetooth controller with your Android device. Note also that, this might be owing to your device being incompatible with the controller. That said, below are some of the common issues you may face.
Unexpected disconnections or controller not connecting
If you are facing any of these, then you can fix it by:
- Restarting the controller
- Rebooting your Android device or
- Re-pairing the device.