How to Find the Password of a Secure WiFi Saved on Your Windows PC? How to get the password of the WiFi I am connected to? You may be asking these questions if you are connected to a WIFI a Friend entered the password for you and didn4t tell you what the password is.
i-Fi is the wireless technology used to connect computers, tablets, smartphones, and other devices to the internet. Wi-Fi is the radio signal sent from a wireless router to a nearby device, which translates the signal into data you can see and use.
For private use, users are recommended to secure their Wi-Fi access point with a password to prevent their neighbours from easily hacking them.
When you are registered on a Wifi network, your computer saves this key in a register, you just have to know where to look. In this article, I show how o Find the Password of a Secure WiFi Saved on Your Windows PC.
Note that depending on your situation, you can find the password of a Wi-Fi you are currently connected to, or that a Wi-Fi you have once connected to before.
How to Find the Password of a Secure WiFi you are currently connected to.
If you are currently connected to a Wi-Fi someone else entered the password, then you can proceed thus to find the password from your Windows PC.
- Use the search button from your computer, search for « Control Panel« .
- Next, launch the Control Pane.
- Now, click on « Network and Internet » then on « Network and Sharing Center »
- Now you should see all available connections under « Network and Sharing Center » . Select the Wi-Fi connected you are connected to.
- A new dialogue window will then open. Click on « Wireless properties » to continue
- Clicking on « Wireless properties will bring up another popup dialogue window. From there, go to « Security » tab.
- Ander under the security options, click on the checkbook below to the « Network Security Key » option that says « show characters ». You will then see the password of the Wi-Fi you are connected to.
So, after following the steps above, you should be able to know the password of the Wi-Fi you are connected to.
[tds_info]Note: This guide is for educational purposes only and shouldn »t be missused.[/tds_info]
How you can Find the Password of a Secure WiFi Saved on Your Windows PC via CMD
For all the different Wi-Fi connections your computer has been frequently connecting to, it creates a registry of all of them and saves. So, what if you wanted to get the password of one of these connections but have forgotten it?
This might be a Wi-Fi from a MAN in your locality and you can’t seem to remember the password. You can get it pretty easily using the following trick.
- From your computer, run command prompt as admin. From the start menu, search for Command Prompt and launch it as admin.
- Next, from the cammand line, type the command below and hit Enter key.
netsh wlan show profiles
[tds_info]Note: this command only shows the wifi networks to which you have already connected and will not help you to hack the WiFi of the neighbour who never gave you his WiFi code.[/tds_info]
- The above command will list all saved Wi-Fi connections on your PC. Identify the connection profile in question and note down the profile name.
- Now, to get the Wi-Fi password, use the follosing command
netsh wlan show profile name = "wifi name" key = "clear"
Replace « wifi name with the name of the Wi-Fi Profile you got earlier. In my case, looking for the password of the Wi-Fi from a friend’s iPhone connection he once shared with my PC. The profile name here is « iPhone » So I use the above command as follows:
netsh wlan show profile name = "iPhone" key = "clear"
And boom! I got the password!
This is a handy trick and can help you recover a forgotten Wi-Fi password or even get the password of the Wi-Fi you are using if the password wasn’t entered by you.
We believe that if you had any issues trying to Find the Password of a Secure WiFi Saved on Your Windows PC, this guide should have provided you with a solution. But note that using this trick shouldn’t be for any bad intentions.