How to buy a Netflix subscription with Bitcoin in 2023 (100% working)
Have you ever thought of paying a Netflix subscription with Bitcoin or any other crypto in 2023? This might seem unreal to many but it is actually something you can achieve. With Netflix being the World’s top subscription-based streaming platform, many are captivated by the extensive assortment of documentaries, TV shows, cartoons, and movies.
Although there is no Bitcoin payment gateway in Netflix, there are many walkarounds you could use to get your Netflix subscription using your Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency.
Cryptocurrencies are becoming more and more legally accepted and many big online stores now accept them as payment methods. One could even go as far as to say it is the perfect currency for the internet.
That aside we aren’t here to talk about what Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies are. The big goal for today is how to buy a Netflix subscription with Bitcoin. If you »ve been in search of a way to do this, then this is the perfect article for you.
What is Netflix?
Netflix, Inc. is an American over-the-top content platform and production company headquartered in Los Gatos, California. Netflix was founded in 1997 by Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph in Scotts Valley, California. The company’s primary business is a subscription-based streaming service offering online streaming from a library of films and television series, including those produced in-house.
This top-rated streaming platform has different plans ranging from Basic to Premium. The premium plans are the most expensive and give you access to the best video quality(4K) and you can stream simultaneously on 4 different streams.
Netflix plans and pricing are as follows:
After signing up for a new Netflix account, you will need to provide your credit card details or bank account details (maybe via the IBAN) to complete payments and kick start your streaming journey.
Even in countries where the 30-days free trial is supported, you will still need to add a payment method to get started with Netflix.
Why use Bitcoin to subscribe to Netflix?
The reason you may want to buy a Netflix subscription with Bitcoin may be personal. But in most cases, many people do this for security reasons or because they do not have a real card to add as a payment method.
Buying a Netflix subscription with bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies
Now, let’s see how you are going to get yourself a working Netflix account with your BTC. Since there is not direct BTC payment for Netflix, we will be exploiting the Netflix Gift Cards for this.
We have many platforms from where you can buy a working Netflix Gift Card and redeem it on Netflix.
Netflix Gift Cards
The Netflix Gift Card is available to users from certain countries, including the U.S., the U.K., Japan, Mexico, Canada, and Germany.
A gift card is essentially a credit that can be applied to a user’s account to cover their monthly payment. It typically has a value of $30, $60, or $100, which are applied at once and cannot be used in portions.
You can use Netflix gift cards to pay for Netflix or to give as a gift. Netflix gift cards can be purchased at various retail locations and online.
- Gift cards do not expire, which is printed on the back of each card.
- Gift cards are non-refundable. Once a Netflix gift card is applied to an account, you can watch Netflix until the gift card balance runs out.
- Gift cards cannot be reloaded.
Also, when getting a Gift Card you should consider getting the one with the currency that matches your region. In case you cannot find Gift cards for your region, using that for a different region will require you to create an account with a different billing address to match that of the gift card.
Using a VPN can come in handy in case you will want to redeem a card that isn’t supported in your region.
Using a Netflix Gift card
- Go to netflix.com/redeem.
- Find the code by scratching the foil off the back of your card gently with a coin.
- If you have a digital gift card, the code is on the email.
- If you have a code on the receipt, the code is on your receipt.
- Enter the code and select the Redeem button.
- Enter the email address associated with your account, or create a new account.
- A confirmation screen will appear, then you can Start Watching or Start Membership.
Where to get a working Netflix gift card with bitcoin
There are many online stores from where you can buy Gift Cards but not all do provide BTC as a payment method. So, we will be recommending you the following:
- Bitrefill (cards for the U.S, U.K, Mexico, Poland, UAE, Germany, Australia, Euro countries, Columbia, Brazil, Norway). Bitrefill customers can purchase USD denominations of $25, $30, and $50, and EUR denominations of €15, €25, and €50. After selecting the amount you would like to purchase and adding your email, choose your cryptocurrency to start the order.
- CrytoRefills (Netflix US)
Buy a Netflix subscription with Bitcoin – Steps summarised
- Step 1: Get a gift card (Netflix Gift Card) that matches your billing currency. You can get one using bitcoin from Bitrefill.
- Step 2: Register for a Netflix account (skip this step f you have already created one)
- Redeem your gift card you got from Bitrefill by going to the address https://www.netflix.com/redeem
- Step 4: Enter the 11-digit number of the Gift Card PIN you received from Bitrefill to top up your account.
- Step 5: Now head to the subscription section and choose a plan.
After reading this article, we believe you’ve learned how you can buy a Netflix subscription with Bitcoin or using any other cryptocurrency. Among the Netflix Gift card sites we have above, we recommend you use Bitreffil.
Even though Netflix doesn’t offer BTC as a payment method, this walkaround is the perfect option to go for. An alternative method will be getting a Virtual Credit Card.